-

Friday, February 19, 2010

Update from this week's appointments

I had two appointments in Nashville this week (Tuesday and today) to check my estradiol level and to have an ultrasound done to check my progress. After Tuesday's appointment, my estradiol level was 450, and I had around a total of 20 follicles (some of which were considered micro follicles). Mom came down and went with me to my appointment this morning. The ultrasound technician gave me a clipboard and paper, and while she was doing her thing, she told me the measurements of the follicles, and I had to take notes for her. I was happy to do this because I was actually able to see the progress for myself. On Tuesday, all of my follicles were under 10, and today, the results were something like this....
Right side= 5 follicles between 10-14 mm, 6 follicles under 10 mm, and I can't remember how many micro follicles (she was talking so fast)
Left side= 3 follicles between 10-14 mm, 4 follicles under 10 mm (I think), and a few micro follicles
For those that don't know, the follicles (or eggs) are mature when they reach a measurement of 18-20 mm. So I feel like I'm getting closer which is exciting!
My estradiol level today was at 2,131. I'm not exactly sure what this number means, but I do know that it's supposed to increase. I also know that if this number gets too high, they can cancel this cycle, and we'd have to wait and start all over again. I know this isn't going to happen though, so I'm not too worried about this. I do have one change in my plan for the weekend. I'm supposed to continue doing 1 injection of Lupron (5 units) every morning, but now they want to decrease my dose of Follistim in the evening. Starting tonight, I only have to take 150 units of Follistim. I guess this might have something to do with my estradiol level jumping from 450 to 2,131 in three days, but I'm not sure. I go back on Monday for another "check", and I'm hoping that they will tell me that things are still progressing. As of now, I have a feeling that the egg retrieval might be on Wednesday. This could always change depending on how my body continues to react. I'll just continue to take the medications this weekend, and hopefully by Monday afternoon I'll know more.
Brad and I are looking forward to having a relaxing weekend with NOTHING to do. We have about 20 shows on the DVR that we still need to watch, and of course, we have to cheer on our CATS tomorrow! GO UK!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Glad things are on track :)
    We're thinking about you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are progressing along nicely!!!! yes....take every moment of relaxation you can, it's the best thing for you right now. How exciting that egg retrieval is so close!!! So glad you are doing so well. Prayers keep coming from Birmingham! :)

    ReplyDelete