-

Monday, February 22, 2010

Big Week Ahead

Today I realized that I think I could make the drive to Nashville with my eyes closed. But all you drivers out there, don't worry, I don't think I'll be trying that any time soon! I did have the thought that I should just get a hotel room down there for the next couple of weeks and just spend my days at my doctor's visits, shopping, and eating at fun places. Then I came back to reality and realized I would miss Brad, Bailey, and my bed too much to do that! My doctor's appointment this morning went really well. I believe my ovaries have really been working overtime because based on the ultrasound, I have a ton of follicles. Here's a little bit of what I can remember:
Right ovary: 9 follicles all ranging from 13-22 mm, 7 follicles from 10-12 mm, and several other smaller ones that she didn't even bother counting
Left ovary: 5 follicles between 13-20 mm, 6 follicles less than 10 mm, and a few smaller ones
I feel like this was GREAT news...I mean the more follicles the better, right?
My estradiol level was 7,722! If you read my last post, you might remember that on Friday, this number was 2,131. So it did increase...A LOT! I'm still not 100% sure what this number means. Brad has been doing some research, and he said he read somewhere that this number gets higher with the more follicles there are. This would make sense considering all of the little follicles I have in there. My IVF nurse lowered my Follistim medication again. I just have to take 75 units tonight. I go back for another appointment in the morning at 9:45 to check this estradiol level and to have another ultrasound done to check the growth of the follicles. We've been told to expect to take the HCG trigger shot tomorrow night, and then that will make Thursday the big egg retrieval day. I am so ready for Thursday to hurry up and get here! I do miss my kids at school already though. We had all of those snow days, and now I've been off for these doctor's appointments, so I feel like I'm so far behind. It looks like I might not be able to go back to work until Friday, so hopefully they won't miss me too much in the next few days. :)

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I'm SO excited for Thursday :) I bet you are getting a little tired of that drive but it will ALL be totally worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you, Holli!--Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your Blog, so glad to be able to keep up with everything you are going through! I am thinking and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete