-

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Out of my routine

I can definitely tell I am way out of my normal routine. Driving back and forth to Nashville everyday for appointments that last maybe 20 minutes are really starting to take a toll on me. I can tell I'm much more tired than I was at the end of last week, and when I get home and try to take a nap, Bailey is wide awake. Actually, as I type, she is running around the living room rubbing her face on the carpet and barking at me because she wants food! haha

My appointment yesterday (another estradiol level check and ultrasound) was good. The thing that stuck out the most about yesterday is that I didn't have my normal lady to take my blood. When I sat down, she told me that she wasn't normally up there, so she didn't exactly know where the other girl kept everything. Needles don't seem to bother me much, but after she said that I start getting a little worried...especially since I'd never seen her before. She put the elastic band around my arm to get my vein to pop out before she got any of the other supplies out. By the time everything was out, my arm was tingling and I couldn't feel my fingers. She stuck the needled in my arm, and then realized that she didn't have the little tube attached for the blood to start being pumped out, so she was trying to hold the needle in place, grab the tube, and hook the tube up to the needle. The whole time this was going on, the needle was sliding all over the place in my arm. I was 2 seconds away from asking her if she wanted me to hold the needle when I finally started seeing the blood flowing. Thank goodness! The ultrasound went smoothly as usual. I still have a ton of follicles...about the same as last time, but obviously bigger. My estradiol level had jumped up again to 9,496. They told me that I could stop my Lupron and Follistim injections, and take the HCG trigger shot at 10:15 (last night). This meant that the egg retrieval would definitely be on Thursday! :)

I went back today for one more estradiol level check and to speak to an IVF nurse about what to expect for the egg retrieval and the transfer. I have to be back at the clinic tomorrow at 8:15, and the egg retrieval will be at 9:15. She did tell me today that the procedure normally lasts 20-25 minutes, but because I have so many follicles, it will probably take more like 30-40 minutes. I do get put under a light anesthesia which I'm happy about so I won't remember anything. We'll find out tomorrow exactly how many eggs they retrieved, and then on Friday, we will know how many of those eggs actually fertilized! Isn't that crazy?! I can't believe the time is already here. They actually went ahead and scheduled my pregnancy test which will be on March 12th....only 2 weeks away!!

Check back tomorrow afternoon for an update!

7 comments:

  1. Ohmygosh!!!! I'm SO excited :) I know you just cant wait... let the count down begin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting Holli! I can't wait to read about your exciting day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great!! Can't wait to hear some more exciting news :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a day! Praying Thursday is a super day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have been thinking about you all morning. I can't wait to hear the results of the retrieval!!! You are in my thoughts and prayers!!!!!! i know exactly the emotions you are going through right now....i feel for you, in the bad and the good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Holli and Brad! What an amazing day! And you were hilarious! We will be praying for you both....you will be such wonderful parents! And just for the record....I would hang on to that day job!

    Andy & Ann

    ReplyDelete