-

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A few days of "FIRSTS"

It seems like over the past couple of days Cooper has experienced several "firsts".  He stayed over night for the FIRST time at my parent's house on Saturday night. He went to his FIRST birthday party on Sunday (actually he went to 2 parties). On Monday, he got in the pool for the FIRST time, and he really liked it.  Thank goodness Brad's mom got pictures of this first because Cooper sure looked cute in his little speedo looking thing.





I can't wait to get him in the pool again.  He'll learn soon enough that his mommy LOVES the pool and spends A LOT of time there in the summer. 

This next first might be a little too much for some of you, but I have to mention it anyway.  When we got back from the pool Cooper has his FIRST major diaper blowout.  Yes, it was going up his back and ended up getting on just about everything.  Brad got lucky and was out mowing, so it was just me and the little man.  I ended up throwing away his onesie because I wasn't about to figure out how to get that mess off of it.  I held him under the running bathtub water (which he hated), but I feel like I got most of it cleaned up pretty well.  Brad still owes me big time for that one! :)  Oh, and don't worry, I didn't get a picture of this first!  haha

Today, Cooper went for his FIRST shots.  It was his 2-month appointment, but he's closer to 3 months now.  This was just the earliest day they could get him in.  I felt like such a bad mom because I actually had to work today so Brad and his mom took him.  Let me just say that even though I hated to miss it, I am really glad I wasn't there.  Brad said the sound he made was something he had never heard before and never wants to hear again.  The doctor said Cooper was perfect...but we already knew this.   He's doing everything she asked about (grabbing your finger, following you with his eyes/head, smiling), and he's even doing most of the things that she said he would be doing in the next couple of months. 
Cooper's 2 month and 21 day stats:
Weight= 10 lbs. 15 oz. (11%-ile)
Height= 24 in. (61%-ile)
Head Circumference= 15 3/4 in. (27%-ile)

We definitely have a very long and lean baby, but he is 100% healthy! Brad took a couple of pictures after his shots.  He made sure to wait until the little guy was happy again.


I was a little disappointed to see that he didn't get any fun, colorful band-aids.  I didn't think he'd just get the plain, boring tan ones that big people get, but I guess he doesn't know any different.

Cooper is growing way too fast, but I am excited to see what other "firsts" will be in the near future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment