-

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Our 2 Month Old

Yep...I can't believe it either!  Cooper was 2 months old on Tuesday ! Of course we had a couple of photo shoots in between naps, and I was able to get some great pictures.  He makes taking great pictures so easy since he has so stinkin' cute. :)  Here are a few of my favorites.
 





At 2 months Cooper is sleeping through the night about 6 out of 7 nights.  YAY!!!  He usually eats around 9:00 or 9:30 and then he'll get up about 6:30 or 6:45.  During the day he'll eat about every 4 hours.  He eats about 4-4 1/2 ounces of formula at every feeding. 
He started smiling several weeks ago, but I would say in the last 2 weeks or so he's really got the smiling thing down.  I love getting to spend my whole day with this little guy, but my favorite time of day would have to be as soon as he wakes up in the morning.  He doesn't really cry when he wakes up.  He just makes little noises like he's yelling for us to come get him.  As soon as we walk in his room he'll look up and start smiling.  When we put him on his changing table he'll continue smiling and start "talking" to us.  His noises are starting to get more frequent and louder, and if you talk back to him he seems like he'll respond with his baby talk. Right now he's really making the "goo", "oo", and "oh" sounds.  I've been really trying to get a video of him doing this, but everytime I get the video camera out, he just freezing and wants to stare at it.   I feel like I have a camera in front of this kids face the majority of the day, so you would think it's be used to it. 
Something else I have noticed in the past few days is that he's starting to use his hands more.  He LOVES his pacifier, and I've noticed that when he doesn't have it, he'll grab things (his shirt, blanket, burp cloth, bib, etc.) and pull them to his mouth.  Yesterday he was in his swing, and I was putting his pacifier in, and he grabbed my hands and pulled them to his face like he was trying to help me.  I also noticed that he was kicking his legs and staring at them while they were moving.  It's amazing how much more he notices now.  He also loves to be outside and look around at everything.  I think his favorite things outside are the green leaves on the trees and the telephone poles.  He'll bend his neck in all kinds of different ways just to look at these things.

It's amazing to think back to where we were a year ago. I definitely can't imagine my life without this little guy in it!

1 comment:

  1. The pictures are precious, Holly! What a sweet sweet boy.

    ReplyDelete