-

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

1/4 of a year!

That's right, Cooper was 3 months old this past Friday!  Of course we had to celebrate the day by taking the monthly photos.  Here are a few of my favorites...
I thought he smiled a lot in his 2 month pictures, but this month was FULL of smiles! :)

This kid LOVES being outside!

I wish I knew what this face meant.

I love when he makes this face!

Saturday, we took Cooper to get his 3 month pictures made.  We also got to take a few family pictures which I'm really excited about.  I can't wait to see how they turned out.  I was a little sad that we couldn't take Bailey to be in the family pictures with us, but Brad promised that she could go when we get his 6 month pictures made. 

Cooper is still such a good baby!  He is starting to be very predictable.  Over the past couple of weeks, we've really started to get into a routine.  For the past several days, here is what his schedule has looked like:
7:00 Wake up and eat
7:45 or 8:00 Power nap (usually last anywhere from 30 min. to an hour)
10:45 Eat
12:00-2:45 or 3:00 Nap (I am LOVING this long afternoon nap.  I've gotten a lot of house work, school work, and pool time in during this time.)
3:00 Eat
Somewhere between these 2 eating times he will sleep for about 30-45 minutes.
6:45 Eat
7:30 Nap? Sleep? Not sure what this time is, but Cooper sleeps for about 2 hours.
9:45 Wake up for bath and last bottle
10:15 Sleep

I feel like Cooper still sleeps a lot, but he seems happy doing this.  We would eventually like to get rid of the last bottle around 9:45 so he can have an earlier bed time.  For now, the schedule we're on is working great for all of us!
Eating- Eats between 5-6 ounces every 3 1/2-4 hours during the day. He still loves to eat and still hates when you take the bottle away to burp.

Sleeping- We still have a GREAT sleeper that sleeps through the night every night!  I must say, it is wonderful! We do still use the swaddle blanket at night and during his long afternoon nap.  We've taken it away for the other nap times though. My goal is by the time I go back to school to have him completely out of the swaddle blanket. I think he could do it during the day, but I am a little worried about the night time.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can ease our way out of stopping the swaddle blanket?

Playing- Over the past couple of weeks he's really started paying more attention to his surroundings.  He loves music and lights.  He used to be able to pick out a ceiling fan no matter where we were, but these days, he's more interested in the TV.  We caught him staring at the TV this morning, and it wasn't even on.  He loves his Baby Einstein DVDs!

Measurements- Based on my measurements and our scale, Cooper weighs 12.4 pounds and is about 24 1/2 inches long.  This sounds about right, but he doesn't go back to the doctor until July, so we have a few weeks to find out the real doctor measurements.

Other facts about our boy- For about 3 weeks, Cooper's starting doing his "crunches" as we like to call them.  When you take the bottle away, he will pull his upper body up almost like he's trying to sit up.  He really just wants the bottle back.  He does this constantly in his car seat too.  I'll look back at him (we have a mirror on the back seat so I can see him), and he'll be couched down.  He's been sucking on his hand A LOT, so I think he is trying to do that.  Sometimes he forgets that his hands will go up to his mouth.  Instead, he likes to take his head and mouth down to his hands.  It's so funny to watch him to do this.

At the beginning of the last week (at 12 weeks) I noticed that he laughed out loud.  I had thought he had done it before, but this time it was really noticable.  He was taking a bath, and was laughing at me....probably singing or making funny noises.  Since then, he's been doing it all the time.  Everytime I get the video camera out he stops.  My goal is to get a video of this sweet little laugh soon.

I really can't believe that Cooper is 1/4 of a year old!  Even though it's only been 3 months, it seems like this little guy has been in our lives forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment