-

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Pinch Poke...the first shot a success!

Not sure why, but I woke up this morning excited that it was the day to start my first injection. I guess because this means we're another day closer to egg retrieval day, which means another day closer to implantation day, and another day closer to the blood test which will let us know if that this IVF cycle was successful. I got up before Brad and Bailey got out of bed so that I could do the injection so no one would watch the first time. I told myself that some people have to give themselves injections everyday if not more than once a day for different medical reasons, and if they could do it, I could do it too. I pulled up the how-to video on the fertility clinic's website, got all of my supplies together, and followed along step-by-step. When I got to the actual injection part, the needle just went in....I'm pretty sure I didn't even think about it. Maybe I should have been a nurse! :) It didn't hurt at all, and I was actually very proud of myself. I told Brad that he could watch me from now on because it was nothing. Now I just hope all of the other injections are just as easy!

I also got a very helpful tip (along with a lot of other helpful advice) from a new friend that I met through the blog world who has now become my email penpal. She told me how helpful it was that she had a daily calendar labeled with daily medications, doctors appointments, etc. I took her advice and made a calendar and labeled what I needed to do everyday. I like having everything all layed out, and it's nice to be able to check days off as we go through them. Everyday for the next week and a half pretty much looks the same....finish the BCP by next weekend and 10 units of Lupron daily. February 11th is my first doctor's appointment which will be my suppression check.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I'm sooo glad the first injection went good :) You're going to be a pro by the time this is all over! Keep up the good work and I'm calling you sometime soon to see how your feeling!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I could help out girl! :) And also glad the first shot went well. Those Lupron needles are so tiny (thank GOD!) Keep taking it one day at a time....and I'll do the same. :)

    ReplyDelete