-

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Getting closer....less than 2 weeks!

Well, we're down to less than 2 weeks before we start the whole in-vitro process....I can't believe the time is already here. Where did 2009 go? We have had a very nice and relaxing couple of months not worrying about all of this fertility stuff. It was such a good idea for us to wait a couple of months to start. It has given me time to process everything, and I am actually EXTREMELY excited to get the ball rolling. Yes, I'm still not looking forward to the daily shots in the stomach...and eventually my back hip (I don't think anyone looks forward to that part), but I am looking forward to the outcome of what this whole process will bring. One of my best friends, Stacey Forsythe, just gave me a book to read before we start everything. It's called The Secret, and it's just mainly about how positive thinking brings positive results. So yes, I KNOW that what we are doing is going to work. :)
Brad and I went to Walgreens on Friday to get our first presciptions filled. For the first couple of weeks all I have to do is take birth control pills and a z-pack. I think they're trying to do something to my hormones so that they will be ready to go. Brad also has a tough job to do. Not only does he have to deal with me and all of the crazy meds that will be in my body, but he also has to take a z-pack! They want to make sure our bodies are clear of any bacteria so that everything will go more smoothly.
As far as the holidays go, we had a GREAT Thanksgiving and Christmas with our families! We (including Bailey) were spoiled AGAIN! My parents got us a Wii, and I think I am obsessed. I always thought boys were supposed to love video games, but I just can't quit playing! I figure that I better play it while I can because starting tomorrow it's back to work! I am looking forward to seeing my kids at school, but I am also counting down the days until my next break...2 full weeks until I get a 3-day weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment