-

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

GREAT news on Day 5!

When we went to our IVF class back in October, we were told that the medications alone would cost around $3,000 for most people. At the time, I knew my insurance would not cover ANYTHING related to fertility, so this was an expense we were expecting to pay at the time. Well, since then, I've dropped my insurance and I am now on Brad's. Since Friday, we've been on the phone off and on with different pharmacies price-checking everyone's rates for all of the meds. We finally heard back from the first pharmacy that contacted us today, and they told us it was going to cost just a little over $2,000 for everything. When we heard this earlier today, we were actually happy with that because we were thinking it would be closer to $3,000. On the way home from work today I got the best news that we've heard so far! Brad's presciption insurance called me back, and we had no clue, but his insurance pays for ALL of the meds....yes ALL of the meds!!! All we have to pay is the co-pays for each! Altogether I think it's going to cost a total of around $160! I didn't believe the girl on the phone at first, and I think I asked her about 20 times if she was sure that was right. Needless to say, this is the best information we've gotten so far, so hopefully that great news will continue to come our way in the up and coming weeks! :)

4 comments:

  1. Great news Holli! I know that's a big relief for you guys! Keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Thats awesome :) I hope the good news keeps coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful news Holli! I've heard the nightmares of the costs. I've been thinking of you guys!

    ReplyDelete