-

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Let the journey begin!

Yesterday was the big day we were waiting for! Cycle day 1 of our IVF cycle was officially here (today is actually cycle day 2). I called our IVF nurse, Jen, yesterday after school to get everything started. We received our "plan" for the next couple of months, we talked to the speciality pharmacy in NYC where we'll be getting my medications from, and we completed the payment to the clinic. I still don't think Brad has gotten over ths shock of having to pay that much money during one phone call.
As for the medications, the pharmacy is supposed to be running our prescription insurance to see if they'll cover any of the meds. We've been told they do pay some, so we're hoping that's still the case when we hear back from them on Monday.
It's so nice to finally have everything mapped out now. Here's a little preview of what's to come...I start taking 21 days of birth control pills tomorrow, then on Thursday Brad and I both start a z-pack. I will begin the Lupron shots on January 31st...this lasts 2 weeks. Brad is excited about this one. Our IVF nurse and his aunt, Sherri, have warned him that the nickname for this drug is "menopause in a bottle." I'm kind of anxious to see what that's going to be like! :) Brad's already mentioned that if it gets too bad, he might be moving out for a couple of weeks. haha
I will be going down to Nashville on either the 10th, 11th, or 12th of February for my suppression check. This is just where they'll be checking to see if my hormones have been suppressed enough from the Lupron. February 13th is the day I start the FSH shot. After I begin this injection, I will be going back down to Nashville on Feb. 17th and 19th for monitoring. This is the point that they want to make sure my ovaries aren't hyperstimulating (or doing too much). The actual egg retrieval will be sometime during the week of February 22nd.
The UK game just came on so it's time for me to cheer on the CATS! Over the next few weeks, I'll have a lot more to be blogging about, so be sure to check back often! :)

3 comments:

  1. I never thought I'd like hearing myself referred to as Great Aunt Sherri. However, with God's grace it sounds just beautiful to me! I pray that these next few weeks and months find you with love, patience and understanding beyond belief. I will be thinking of you and praying for you guys throughout this journey. If there is anything I can help with - please let me know. Love you both!

    Aunt Sherri
    Romans 8:28

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck guys! We're here if you all need anything. Brad-you and me can trade places and you can hang out with Les if Holli gets mean. Just make sure she's well-fed (which I can also help with) because we all know what happens if she's hungry. I love you both and will be praying hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just ran across your blog from your facebook page. I took a lupron shot when I was treated for endometrosis. It is true what they call it. I think Ben contemplated moving out :-). Praying for you guys and that the Lord's hand is over you both.

    ReplyDelete