-

Friday, July 23, 2010

First ultrasound- 6 weeks

We have one Baby Waltrip on the way!!!!  So the ultrasound this morning was AMAZING!!!  We went in not expecting to hear a heartbeat yet because I am right at 6 weeks, and it's still pretty early.  As soon as the ultrasound technician started the ultrasound, we could instantly see our little baby.  After a few seconds, she told me to hold my breath, and we could see the little heart beating!  WOW!!!!  To make it even better, we got to hear the heartbeat.  The heartbeat was 115, and she said that was completely normal for how far along I am, and when I go back in a week and a half, the heartbeat will have increased.  The baby was measuring right at 6 weeks which is perfect!  We also found out that the due date for our little boy/girl is March 17, 2011...St. Patrick's Day and the first day of March Madness (of course Brad would have already looked ahead to that!)
I think after today, Brad and I both feel like this is all more real.  I haven't had any symptoms yet, so I haven't felt any different.  Last week I was really tired, but it's gotten a lot better this week.  I'm really hoping I'll be one of those lucky people who doesn't have any morning sickness.  That will make going back to work next week sooo much easier! :) 
I'm already looking forward to the next ultrasound on August 3rd, and of course I can't wait for March to get here!

Our first pictures with Baby Waltrip!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you all! Love the pictures. Can't wait to follow you along this wonderful journey!

    ReplyDelete