-

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

5 weeks

Based on our calculations, I'm pretty sure I'm right at 5 weeks pregnant!! It's been 5 days since we found out the amazing, life-changing news, but it still doesn't really seem real.  I feel completely fine, but I have noticed that I've been a lot more tired than usual.  In the past 4 days, Bailey and I have taken an afternoon nap.  It  makes me wonder how I'm ever going to make it through a  whole school day here in just 2 short weeks!  I might be doing A LOT of sitting around this year, and if I get any more tired, I might have to take a quick little nap while the kids are out of the room for specials.  haha

I went back down to Nashville on Monday and again this morning for more routine blood work.  If you all remember last Friday my beta level was 153.  On Monday it had increased to 478, and today it was 1,278.  My IVF nurse said this was great because the numbers were so high!  This beta level test just detects how much HCG, the pregnancy hormone, is in my body.  For the first couple of months, this number keeps increasing, but after the third month or so, the number starts to decrease again.

We also got great news about our first ultrasound.  Our nurse told me that they wanted me to come back for the first ultrasound sometime during the week of July 26th.  However, this will be my first week of school, and I can't miss one of the first couple of days with my new kids! (Yes...we do start school in July...and yes I do think this should be against the law!)  I had a feeling that they may want me to wait until the following week (the first week of August), but when I mentioned it to the nurse today, she actually said we could come next Friday, July 23rd.  I will be right at 6 weeks, and this should be when they're able to see how many little "critters" are in there.  We are SOOO excited about this appointment.  I think that will be when it actually feels a little more real because we'll be able to see that there's actually something in there.

Isn't it amazing to think that one or both of these little embryos will end up being our baby(ies)?  

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome you get to go in early! Just wait until you hear that heartbeat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmygosh!!!!! I cant believe you get to go Friday! Im SOOOOO excited :) I'm thinking it's going to be Waltrip...Party of Four!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hoping for that family of 4 too. Can't wait to see the ultra sound pictures of your new baby/babies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get goosebumps reading your posts! You know, I had extreme fatigue before I even found out I was having twins. Had a nap every day when I got home from school and then went to bed by 8pm on top of that! :)

    ReplyDelete