-

Monday, July 12, 2010

Best day EVER!!!

I'm sure most of you all know from Brad and I or through Facebook, but we found out on Friday that I'M PREGNANT!!!!  We are so thankful for everyone's thoughts and prayers over the past several months, and we couldn't have gone through all of this without everyone's encouraging words and positive thoughts. 

To sum up the "big day", we went down to Nashville for a 8:30 beta level check appointment.  I guess we were anxious about getting there on time, so we got there early and had to wait in the car for about 15 minutes for the place to open.  It was a quick 5 minute appointment that consisted only of blood work.  We were back home laying patiently not so patiently on the couch by 9:30 or so. If you all remember from the last cycle, we got the phone call with the results only an hour and a half or so after we left the clinic.  Well, little did we know, this wouldn't be the case this time.  10:00 rolled around, and we started wondering when they would call.  By 11:00, we were starting to get a little worried.  At 12:00, we figured we wouldn't be hearing anything until at least 1:00 because the nurses would be on their lunch break.  Right around 1:00 the phone rang, and it was the clinic.  I don't remember much of the conversation except that she said she had good news and that I was pregnant.  After that, everything else was kind of a blur. I did hear her say that my beta level was 153.  She explained to me that anything over 50 would indicate that I'm pregnant, so my number was way higher than that.  She also said it's a possibility that there could be more than one baby since the number was high, but they won't know that until the ultrasound in a couple of weeks.

Over the weekend, Brad and I have definitely been in shock I think, and I still don't think the news has completely sunk in yet with either one of us.  After we got the best news ever on Friday, I talked Brad into going to Walgreens to buy a pregnancy test just so we could double check.  Well, the results are in and we received our second opinion....

I'M PREGNANT!!! :)


3 comments:

  1. Save the stick! I have at least 4 that I saved when I found out I was pregnant (finally) with A and A. When you wait so long to see the word "Pregnant" or a plus sign, you want to hang on to that! Mine still show two lines! LOL Just can't tell you how happy I am for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so wonderful, Holli! I'm rejoicing with you! Will continue to pray for you during the pregnancy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you took a pregnancy test, too! How fun to finally see that positive! Once again, CONGRATS!!!

    ReplyDelete