-

Thursday, April 7, 2011

4 weeks

Once again, I've gotten behind on blogging, but I definitely have a good excuse this time.  The excuse...

Cooper is 4 weeks old today!  It feels like he's been in our lives forever, but I really can't believe that he's already 4 weeks old.  It seems like we were just at the hospital and spending our first few days with him.  We have definitely gotten into a routine around here.  My life pretty much consists of changing Cooper, feeding Cooper, playing with Cooper, washing bottles, making bottles...and then it seems to start all over again!  I am definitely not complaining though!  I'm enjoying every second of it.

A couple of weeks ago Cooper went to the doctor for his 2 week check-up.  He did great!  When he was born he weighed 6 pounds 15 ounces and was 20 inches long.  At his check-up he was 7 pounds 5 ounces and was 20 1/2 inches long.  The doctor said he was PERFECT (which we already knew). 

Waiting to see the doctor
Our little man is growing and changing everyday.  He has always been a very alert newborn, but over the past week or two, he has really started to look at things.  Right now, his favorite thing to stare at is the ceiling fan (and it's not even on).  Yesterday he was in his swing, and I noticed that he was staring at the TV so I put in a Baby Einstein video, and he sat there and watched it for a good 30 minutes. 

For now, Cooper is eating about 3 1/4 ounces every 4 hours or so.  The boy LOVES to eat!  I really need to get a video of him eating and burping.  Brad and I always joke and call him a little monster because he makes the funniest noises, and he hates to stop eating to burp. 

At night, he sleeps about 3 1/2-4 hours at a time before he wakes up needing to be changed and fed.  Last night we started using the swaddle blanket again.  He moves his arms around constantly, and it wakes him up, so I thought the blanket would be a good idea.  We haven't used it since the first night we were home (which wasn't a great night) so we were a little nervous about trying it again.  I really think it works though because he slept great last night!  Depending on what time he eats at night (last night it was 8:15) he usually gets up twice a night.  Last night Brad got up with him at 12:45, and then I got up at 4:45.  After a couple of nights at home, we decided that Brad does better on first shift and I do better really early in the morning.  It works out great, and I have a GREAT husband who wants to get up and help out as much as he can.  :) 

Last Friday, I took Cooper to get his newborn pictures made.  They turned out great!  Here are a couple of my favorites...
Isn't he the cutest?  :)  I guess the million ultrasounds we had prepared this little guy for all of the pictures that would be taken once he got here.  I definitely won't post them all on here because I'm sure most of you have seen then on Facebook, but here are a few of my favorites that I've taken over the past couple of weeks.





3 comments:

  1. I have been following your blog for sometime and just had to comment - he is so adorable! Enjoy every second because the time FLIES by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious pictures, Holli, and I am so glad to hear you guys are doing so well! :)

    We started using swaddle blankets when the girls were almost three months old (versus just swaddling them with a square blanket). It may have just been a coincidence, but they started sleeping through the night almost immediately thereafter. :)

    Hope you're getting some rest when you can...take care of yourselves...and ENJOY that precious baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg. so so so adorable. Super glad I found your blog. I'm a new follower, I hope you will as well. I started my blog a little over a month ago. It's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. Stop by to see multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news and check out pictures from the fall/winter preview I attended yesterday in Beverly Hills. Would love your support. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete