-

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Decisions

Brad and I took the first step in deciding on nursery decor today.  Besides picking out a name for our baby, I guess you could say we made our first decision.  If you know Brad and I, you know how indecisive we both are, so this was a major step for us.  HAHA!  We spent the afternoon at USA Baby in Franklin today, and we bought a crib and a dresser.  We were kind of disappointed when they told us they'd have to order it and it could be 8 weeks or so before it came in.  I was hoping it would be in stock and we could get started on the room in the next couple of weeks, but it looks like 8 weeks will give us more time to do other little projects around the house. 

I copied this picture from the website, but this is the crib we got (same color and everything), and the dresser we got is like the one shown in the picture too except it only has 3 drawers and it's the height of a normal dresser (not tall like the chest that's shown here).

The next decision we make will have to be bedding so we can also pick out the paint color for the room too.  I've searched and searched and searched for the PERFECT non-themed bedding, but it seems like everything is either animals, sports, or just plain blue. I want something with more colors in it, and I think I've narrowed it down to 2 sets. 

Ashley found this one at Babys R Us, and it looks really cute. I wish I could see it in person, but the Babys R Us in Evansville didn't have it when my mom and I went shopping last weekend. It does have a "safari" theme, but the animals are only on the quilt, which I don't think anyone really uses anyway....do you? The quilt actually turns into a little play-gym thing which I think is cute too!  This bedding is full of different colors, which will make it easier to add other decorations to the room.



My second choice for bedding actually just got added to my list today while we were looking at furniture.  I've seen this one before, but I've never looked twice at it because the giraffes always threw me off.  Remember...I'm looking for something that doesn't have a theme.  Look past the room decorations in this picture.  I would  leave out the wall art, clothes hamper, rug, and curtains...that might be a few too many giraffes!  :)  The model in the store had the bumper pad facing the other way.  The other side has colorful stripes to match the crib skirt.  I love the colors in this...blue, red, orange, yellow, green, brown...pretty much every color.  I think I could look past the one set of giraffes on the bumper pad and, and I think the small set of giraffes on the crib skirt will be covered by the wood on the crib (that's how it was in the store anyway). The quilt is also reversible with the colorful stripes on the other side.

2 comments:

  1. Love it all!! The giraffes are cute :) Either would be perfect for little Cooper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you looked on Etsy.com for baby bedding. I almost bought mine there. Several ladies allow you to pick the fabric and patterns! I'll try to find a few links and send them to you!

    ReplyDelete