-

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Negative...

For those of you who haven't heard, we went back down to Nashville yesterday morning for our first pregnany blood test. They told us we wouldn't hear anything until 2 or 3, so Brad and I had plans of going to the mall and then watching the UK game at Dave and Busters. Well, those plans were cut short when we received "the call" around 11. I didn't hear my phone ring, but I did notice I had a voicemail from our IVF nurse. Of course we had to put it on speakerphone in the middle of Old Navy so that we could both hear the news. The only words I heard her say was "I'm sooo sorry" and "the test came back negative". Everything else was a complete blur. This was something that we knew could happen going into it, but we were both so confident since everything else had gone so smoothly for us. I don't know what went wrong, and I don't think we'll ever know. All I do know is that we still have 2 frozen embryos. That is the only positive thing about all of this so far. I know there's still a good chance, and we will definitely be telling them to transfer both of them the second time around. I don't know when the second time will be...we've talked about waiting until May and June (it's going to be another 2-month long process even though I don't have to do a lot of the meds I did before). I think we both need a break, and a couple of months will be just what we need before going through this emotional rollercoaster again.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry you didn't get the news we were all hoping for.Praying for you and Brad!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry Holli and Brad! You guys have been in my thoughts and prayers a lot... I will continue to be thinking of the two of you! Let me know if you need anything! Love you guys!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your news has been heavy on my heart since I read this. You all are in our prayers. I truly can't imagine what you are going through and admire you so much for going through IVF. Hang in there! I left you something on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete