-

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4th of July Weekend

Our 4th of July weekend started on Friday when Brad stayed home with us.  I went to bed Thursday night with a really bad headache, and when I woke up Friday morning the headache was still there and was even worse than it was the night before.  Thankfully, being the good husband that he is, Brad took off work to stay home and help me out because I'm pretty sure I couldn't function by myself.  By Friday afternoon I started feeling a little better, and we ventured out of the house and took Cooper to the pool.  He had a great time with his mommy and daddy, and Bailey even got to swim with us! :)
Ready for the pool

He loves the Mickey Mouse float and the noise the horn makes!

Mommy and Cooper

Daddy and Cooper
On Saturday, we went back to the pool for a little while.  Cooper has been taking a GREAT nap from about 12:00-3:00 everyday, which makes for GREAT pool time. 

We took Cooper to his first Hot Rods game on Sunday night.  He got a little overwhelmed by all the people when we first got there, and he had a little screaming fit.  Once we got to our seats he looked around during the first inning.

He made it to the top of the 2nd before he started crying again.  I really think it was a mixture of all of the people, the noise, and the heat. After Brad's dad got him to calm down again, Brad and I took him out to the seats in left field where there weren't many people sitting, and I think he actually enjoyed looking around for a few more innings. 

Take me out to the ballgame...
Sunday, the 4th of July, was a very big day for Cooper.  He ate rice cereal for the first time, and he couldn't quite figure out how to eat it and move his tongue. 

He got pretty mad because he wasn't getting anything, so we ended up giving him his bottle, and he was a happy little guy again.

We went to JuJu and Pops' house around lunchtime and Cooper played in their exersaucer for the first time.  I wasn't so sure that he'd be able to hold himself up in there, but he did great, and I think he really liked it. 

After he woke up from his nap that afternoon my little fish got back in the pool, and I think he liked it more than ever. 
He just laughs and laughs when Pops does this.

Look at that little belly hanging out!
4th of July weekend ended Monday night with Cooper rolling over from his belly to his back for the first time.  He still doesn't like tummy time, so it was just a matter of time before he figured out how to get out of it!  Of course, as soon as I got the video camera out he stopped rolling, but I got it out again last night and he did it again!  Go Cooper!!!

Thanks to our neighbors across the street and behind us, we did get to see a few fireworks and we heard plenty of them for several days.  Our neighbors behind us had some great ones (the really big, pretty ones) that we watched from the window.  Cooper didn't mind all of the noise, and he slept right through it as they were going off until about midnight every night, but Bailey was very freaked out and wanted to be held the whole time.

As you can tell, we had a very busy, but very fun long weekend!  I just love my family!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. My best friend from home came to visit when the girls were about 5 1/2 months old. She was helping me feed them cereal, and I will never forget her saying, "How did you teach them to eat?" :) It took me many, many attempts to get anything down...over the course of several weeks, even! I felt like I'd "arrived" when she observed that they "knew how" to eat...HA! At least those first few feedings make for some great pictures!

    ReplyDelete