-

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

140 days

140 days---that's how long I will get to spend at home with my sweet little boy before going back to work next week.  Yes, I went back to school the last 2 days of the year in May, and I went to a couple all day professional development meetings, but other than that, I've been home with my little guy everyday, and I have LOVED every minute of it. Over the past couple of days, it's really hit me that I have to go back to work.  I've been trying to think of what I can do to stay home....win the lottery, ask Brad to get a second job...but then I realize that I don't even play the lottery, and I would sure hate if Brad had to work another job because he'd never be home with us.  So I guess I will suck it up and head off to work next Thursday because I know it's the best thing for all of us....even though I know Cooper would rather have me home everyday! :)  haha

Brad and I are VERY lucky that his parents are going to keep Cooper everyday.  We know he will be in great hands, and we won't have to worry about him at all as we head off to work everyday. 

I also know I am VERY lucky that I have gotten to stay at home for as long as I have. It worked out perfectly that I had Cooper in March, and I was able to stretch my maternity leave out until summer break.  (Thanks to all of my wonderful co-workers who donated days to me, I only had to take a few days without pay!)

I must admit that I am excited to start a new school year with 23 new students, but I know the first few days leaving Cooper will be rough.  It does make it so much better to know that I will have 23 kids at school that are depending on me everyday, and I know it's going to be a great year!  I know Cooper will have a great time with JuJu and Pops everyday (and playing with Beck 3 days a week).  

As the summer comes to an end, I am going to enjoy the next 7 days I have at home with my little man.  BUT, for the next 7 days I will also still be secretly hoping I win the lottery or Brad gets a second job...but only because I want to be able to see this face as much as possible...

No comments:

Post a Comment