-

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Growing like a weed...

That phrase describes our little boy and my growing belly! :)  If you remember back to an earlier post, we went to the doctor for my 28 week appt. at the end of December, and Cooper was in the 34 %-ile for weight (2 lbs., 7 oz.).  Also at this time, my amniotic fluid level had been around 7.8 or 7.9.  My doctor had said he didn't consider this low (3 or 4 would be low), but he likes to see that number at 8 or higher. Well, when we went back to the doctor a week and a half ago for yes, you guessed it, ANOTHER ultrasound, we were very pleased to hear that Cooper was weighing in at 4 lbs., 7 oz. (59%-ile)!  And, my amniotic level had increased to 11, which my doctor said was great.  Way to go buddy!  I guess he's plumping up from all the extra food I've been eating.  Brad thought I always ate a lot before, but now it feels like I'm always hungry.  I go to bed hungry, get up hungry, am still hungry after lunch...it never stops! 

We also went back to Precious View for our very last attempt at a 3D/4D ultrasound.  The lady did say we had set a record of being there a total of 6 times (from 15 weeks-33 weeks).  She was able to get some of the best pictures we've ever gotten.  The neatest thing that we got to see during this ultrasound (besides Cooper's sweet face) was that we got to see him hiccup for several minutes.  It was so weird because I felt every one, and then on the screen, you could see his little stomach bounce up and down at the same time. So neat!!!  At the time of this ultrasound and of my doctor's appointment, Cooper's legs were still up in front of his face and he was still breech, so Brad and I have pretty much told ourselves that a C-section is definitely a strong possibility.  The more I think about it, the more I am ok with a C-section.  It would be nice to know exactly when I have to go to the hospital and what day he will be born on.  The thought of not going through the many hours of labor also sounds pretty good right about now.  BUT, I know the recovery period is a lot worse.  So, we will take it as it comes, but we just want our little guy to get here and be healthy.

Enjoy what MIGHT be our last ultrasound pictures of Cooper (I can't believe I'm saying that considering we've had over 15 ultrasounds)...

Side view of his face.  I love his lips in this one.  It looks like he's puckering up! :)

Great shot of his foot in front of his face!  He was poking himself in the eye with his big toe.

I'm pretty sure he'll come out with a flat nose since his legs have been smashed in front of his face for several weeks.  His lips look plump in this picture too.

Look at those chubby cheeks!

Profile shot

Sweet baby feet

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing!!! I love the pictures :) I can't wait to meet him!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete