-

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

23 Days

Yes, that is how long we have left until we become a family of 3 (and a half...including Bailey of course).  Cooper's estimated date of delivery is set for Thursday, March 10th.  We are scheduled to go in at 5:30 that morning, and the c-section is scheduled for 7:30.  I can't believe I'm actually typing that...23 days?!?!  That is not long AT ALL, and I feel like we still have a million things left to do.  We are sooo excited to actually have a day set that we can expect the little guy!!!  :)

My ultrasound and appointment went well today.  Cooper weighed in at 4 lbs., 14 oz.  His %-ile for weight did go down since the last time, but my doctor looked over the ultrasound pictures, and he said even though he is small, everything still looked fine.  He wants to keep a close eye on his growth though to make sure he continues growing, so we are scheduled to have an ultrasound at my remaining appointments.  He also did a non-stress test today, and he wants to continue those at my next appointments too.  I think he just wants to make sure Cooper stays healthy in the new couple of weeks, and the non-stress test today showed that things looked good.  If you're not familiar with that test, they had me lay on a bed, and they hooked me up to a monitor to listen to the baby's heartbeat.  Everytime I felt a movement, I had to push a button.  Apparently, they are looking for a movement or many movements close together, and then they watch to see if the heartrate increases. In our case, this happened several times (which was a good thing).

Did I mention how excited we are that we get to meet baby Cooper in 23 days????  

Now we've just got to work on getting this little girl as excited as we are...

1 comment:

  1. Oh poor, poor Bailey... She has NO idea what's about to happen!! I hope she does well with the transition :) I CANT WAIT TO MEET COOPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete