-

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Stubborn, Strong-willed, Uncooperative

Yes...these are all adjectives that describe our unborn child.  If you can remember back 4 weeks ago to my 20 week ultrasound, you will remember me saying that our little boy was not in the right position for the ultrasound tech to see his profile and spine.  This is what we saw 4 weeks ago...


Because of this, my doctor scheduled me to have another ultrasound yesterday (at my 24 week appointment) to try to get a view of the things we couldn't see last time. It took about 10 seconds for the lady to say something like "Well, the baby just doesn't want me to see what I need to see." She said he was sitting with his bottom down, looking face forward AGAIN. As soon as she turned the screen around, this is what we saw...

Looks very familiar don't you think?  Needless to say, I was very excited when she and my doctor told me we get to have ANOTHER ultrasound at my 28 week appointment!  He wants to try again to get those shots that he hasn't been able to get yet.  I was trying to figure it up today, and I think we've gotten to have a total of 9 ultrasounds so far.  Don't get me wrong, I am definitely not complaining.  We love seeing our little guy every few weeks, and I've decided he just likes having his picture taken.  :)

One of the neatest things about this ultrasound was that I got to see him blinking.  (Brad wasn't able to see it.)  It was the weirdest thing!  The lady captured this picture just as he was blinking.  I'm pretty sure his eyes are closed in this one...

We also got to see his nostrils, lips (of course he was moving his mouth...eating I guess), and his boy parts. 
It is still so surreal that this little baby is growing inside me.  Every time we see him, we get more and more excited (if that's even possible)!  My doctor said everything is looking perfect, and he would bet that I will have an easy delivery.  I sure do hope he's right about that! :)

Everyone I talk to always asks me how I've been feeling, and I can actually say that I feel great.  I have been extremely hungry...it's like I'm never full!  Those of you who really know me will probably laugh and say that me being hungry isn't anything new, but I promise...it is wayyy worse!  My eating consists of breakfast, a morning snack, lunch, another snack (or 2), supper, and maybe another snack.  Every night, as soon as I lay down to go to bed, I'm suddenly hungry again.  As for any other "symptoms"...I've had heartburn just a couple of times.  I never had heartburn before I was pregnant, and I'm still not 100% sure what I've felt in the past couple of weeks is heartburn.  Is it heartburn when your throat is burning?  That's the only thing I've felt, and I'm blaming it on heartburn.  I've also woken up twice over the past month or so with leg cramps.  My calf muscle is always sore for like 2 days after I get one of these cramps. 

Ohh...and a new milestone is that we can actually SEE my stomach move when Cooper moves and kicks.  On Friday, I could really feel him moving around, so I layed down for just a few minutes to feel it.  I pulled my shirt up just enough to see a small part of my abdomen, and sure enough, it looked like an earthquake!  I yelled for Brad, and he was quickly able to see it too.   We sat there and watched my stomach move for a few minutes, and now, every time I feel him moving, I want to look down at my stomach. I LOVE it!!!! 

We're planning on starting on the nursery in the next week or 2 once we get completely finished with our bathroom remodel.  I really can't believe that our baby boy will be here in just a little over 3 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment