-

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Bed Rest and Week 7

I don't know where time has gone, but I am extremely behind on my blog posts. I started writing this post 2 weeks ago, but for some reason I never got around to finishing it and posting it for everyone to read.  Better late than never I guess! :)
I really thought week 7 was going to be the slowest week ever because I was on bed rest, but I must say, it flew by!  I did a lot of sleeping in, eating, taking naps (sometimes in both the morning and afternoon), watching TV, and playing on the computer.  I hate to admit it, but I am very thankful that I got to sleep so much.  I only had to work 2 1/2 days (only 2 hours WITH kids) before bed rest, but that was plenty to make me exhausted.  My mom came down all day Thursday to keep me company and to babysit Bailey.  I wasn't expecting to get my house cleaned, laundry washed, and supper cooked, but that's what Mom did!  :)  It was a huge relief!  Thanks Mom!!! 
On Friday, Bailey and I slept in until 10:15!  Yes, you heard me right...10:15!!!  That was a new record for both of us I think, and it was wonderful!  On Friday night, McKense, Chandler, and Riley came over to bring us a pizza.  It was so nice to have visitors, and I know Bailey really enjoyed Riley and all of the Goldfish crackers he fed her.  She can't wait for him to come back and play!  :)
Saturday consisted of more laying around.  By this point I was starting to get a little cabin fever, and on Sunday, I talked Brad into letting me go lay in the pool for a little while.  I don't know if this counted as bed rest, but I figured all I was doing was laying on a raft, and that wasn't any different than laying on the couch.  I definitely didn't mention it to my doctor today though.  I don't know if he would have approved.  It sure was nice to get out of the house for an hour or so and catch a few rays.  Stacey cooked us potato soup on Sunday night, and I must say, it was maybe the best homemade potato soup I've ever eaten! 
Out of all the days, Monday definitely went by the fastest.  Stacey skipped work and came over all day to play "bed rest" with me!  We did a lot of nothing and even had time to watch a movie.
Tuesday, I went back to the doctor for a check-up appointment.  My regular ultrasound lady was on vacation, so they had some other woman filling in for her.  I hope this lady never discovers my blog, but I have to say that this lady needs to find another job because ultrasounds aren't her specialty.  She made me very upset for many reasons...
1. From the second she walked in, she didn't seem sure of herself because she said the ultrasound machines hadn't been working for her all day.
2.  When she started the ultrasound, she didn't point the screen toward me so I couldn't see anything the whole time.  I stared up at the ceiling and kept asking Brad if he saw anything.
3.  She didn't talk the whole time except to say things like "Shoot, it was working earlier" and "I just can't figure this out", and finally "I'm just going to give up."
4.  We didn't get to hear the heartbeat and she couldn't measure the heartbeat because she couldn't work the machine right.  She did say the heartbeat LOOKED good on the screen.
5.  After one ultrasound, we got called back into the room for a second ultrasound because she forgot to measure something.
6.  I had to ASK for a picture, and she gave me a picture of nothing.  I'm serious, it looks nothing like the other pictures we've gotten, and it's definitely not a picture of the baby.
Well, enough venting about her, the rest of the appointment went well.  The doctor said the hemorrhage was still there, but that it should go away as the baby continues to grow.  He put me back on my daily progesterone injections, and he wants to see me one more time (August 17th) before he releases me to my regular doctor. Bed rest was officially over, and it was back to my normal routine of school (and jury duty for the month of August).

Also, I must add that besides being extremely tired, I haven't had many pregnancy symptoms at all.  When I don't eat for a couple of hours, I start feeling a little sick, so I always make sure I eat a little something about every 2 hours so that I don't get that sick feeling.  I'm glad week 7 is behind us, and hopefully that will be the worst thing that happens throughout this whole pregnancy. 

Oh, and to add something else...I must say that I feel so lucky to have the best husband EVER.  Brad hasn't let me lift a finger, and he has done all of the dishes, cleaning, laundry, and many other things.  It has taken a lot of the stress off of me, and I love him so much for that!  He's going to be the best dad ever!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad everything looks good! And I'm also glad you updated your blog...after reading your last post, I couldn't stand seeing that title in my blogroll! I just had to avert my eyes. It was too stressful for me to even think about (and I cannot even begin to imagine what kind of stress that episode caused you!!!).

    Take good care of yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete