-

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Bathroom Renovation

We've been in our house for a little over 3 1/2 years, and we have done a lot of updates....new siding, new windows, insulation, new lighting fixtures and ceiling fans, installed gas logs in the fireplace....but I must admit that we just finished a project that is on the top of my list as one of my favorites so far----THE BATHROOM!

When we first moved in, the bathroom was the one room in the house that I really didn't like.  It is really small and we can't do anything about that, but it was extremely outdated.  The tub was the original from when the house was built in 1940, so the finish on it was completely gone from 70 years of scrubbing.  I tried every cleaning product on the tub and tile of the shower surround, and nothing made the tub look clean.  So who did we call???  Bath Fitters!  They came in and installed their product on top of our old tub and shower and we went from this...


To this...


Amazing isn't it?  Well, this was were the total bathroom redo started.  The new bright white tub and surround didn't match the old dingy tile on the rest of the bathroom walls and floor, so Brad had the idea of redoing the floors.  I'll spare you all the details, but here's a before and after of the floor. 




I'm so proud of Brad for completing and doing such a great job on his first tile project!  I love it!!!  :)

After finishing the floors, we realized we had to do something with the tile walls, so we found a handyman to put up wainscoting.  2 or so months, a new tub/shower, floor, toilet, wainscoting, mirror, light, fan, and paint later, we had a completely new bathroom. 

BEFORE


AFTER



Did I mention how much I LOVE our new bathroom?  

1 comment:

  1. You've made a good job there. You bring a new life to your old small bathroom, you've able to use good fixtures and materials while still saving space.

    ReplyDelete