-

Monday, June 21, 2010

8 days away

My morning consisted of another trip to Nashville, and on the drive down, I realized how much I really do enjoy that drive.  It's very relaxing (when traffic is moving and I'm not going to be late) and time actually goes by pretty fast.  Now don't get me wrong...this isn't something I'd want to do everyday, but once a week isn't bad at all.  After more blood work and another ultrasound, the rest of our plan has been set into place.  I will continue to do the Estradiol Valerate injection every Tuesday and Saturday from now until the pregnancy test and probably for a few weeks after the test because I will be pregnant! (Stacey, the positive vibes are coming out in full force!)  :)  I also start the Progesterone injection everyday starting on Thursday, and this injection will go all the way up until the pregnancy test and several weeks after once I get that positive test. The ultrasound showed that the lining of my uterus was nice and thick and I got two compliments about it in about a 5 minute time span.  The ultrasound tech said it was very thick and looked great, and my IVF nurse actually said "the lining looks pretty."  haha Now I guess that's a good thing, but I wouldn't really consider pretty as being a good description of the lining of anyone's uterus.  I guess the medication is doing it's job and getting everything nice and ready for the little embryos.  Last week our IVF nurse told me that the transfer would probably be on Tuesday, June 29th, and today she just confirmed that.  We will go in at 10:00 next Tuesday, and then the transfer will be at 11:00.  That puts the pregnancy test 10 days later on July 9th!  It's going to be a VERY exciting next couple of weeks for us, and as much as I hate to wish my summer away, I can't wait until July 9th!


On another note, Brad and I went to Owensboro this past weekend to celebrate Father's Day.  We took Dad out to eat Saturday night and then made a trip to TJMaxx, Lowes, and Big Lots.  The shopping part was more for the rest of us, but I think he enjoyed it too! 
The 5 of us at Tumbleweed!

6 comments:

  1. Its going to work I just know it! Carson wants a little Waltrip to play with :)
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for the positive thoughts!!! I'm cheering for your Ute!! :)

    LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holli,
    I will be thinking about you and hoping for the best! I have a great feeling this is going to be a positive outcome :)
    Beth L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking about you Holli! I know this is it for you! You are going to have success with this round. You are going to be an amazing mom! Know I'm thinking about ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today is the transfer day. I am praying for you. I am excited for you and Brad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah! You all are in my prayers! It is so funny that you posted this today because I thought I saw you today and I said "hi" to the girl and just waited for her to reply...and she never did because she had no clue who I was! lol Obviously it wasn't you but it is funny that you were on my mind today.

    ReplyDelete